Ladore Spillway Seismic Upgrade Project
About The Project
- Replace the three spillway gates and related works, such as the hoist system, so they can retain and pass water in a controlled manner downstream post-earthquake.
- Install new equipment and upgrades to the existing protection and control equipment to meet current reliability standards, including improved post-earthquake operation.
Watch the latest project video below or at this link on Vimeo
Aug 10, 2023
Proposed seismic upgrades to the Strathcona and Ladore dams on the Campbell River hydroelectric system, along with an already approved project to strengthen the John Hart dam, could cost a total of $1.17 billion to $1.74 billion, according to B.C. Hydro estimates.See All News Updates
See All News
- BC Hydro submits Ladore and Strathcona projects to BC Utilities Commission
- B.C. Hydro seeking contractor for major work on Ladore Dam
- Dam upgrade on popular Campbell River lake won’t affect recreation
- Bidding set to open for seismic work on Island dams
- Campbell River Chamber Website Collaboration With BC Hydro Will Connect Workers To Three New Projects
Browse and search our full archive of news for all projectsSee All News Updates