Ladore Spillway Seismic Upgrade Project
About The Project
- Replace the three spillway gates and related works, such as the hoist system, so they can retain and pass water in a controlled manner downstream post-earthquake.
- Install new equipment and upgrades to the existing protection and control equipment to meet current reliability standards, including improved post-earthquake operation.
Watch the latest project video below or at this link on Vimeo
Apr 22, 2021
A web portal has been set up for Vancouver Island companies bidding on seismic upgrades for three dams, each valued in the hundreds of millions of dollars. The work aims to ensure the dams near Campbell River will survive a major earthquake. All three dams are more than 70 years old. These long-planned projects will…See All News Updates
See All News
- Campbell River Chamber Website Collaboration With BC Hydro Will Connect Workers To Three New Projects
- BC Hydro Releases New Project Video Updates
- BC Hydro, Chamber of Commerce launch job website for Campbell River dam projects
- BC Hydro Inform the City of Campbell River Mayor and Council about Proposed Projects
- BC Hydro: the last two decades and the decade ahead
Browse and search our full archive of news for all projectsSee All News Updates