THE NEW NORTH ISLAND HOSPITAL COMOX VALLEY WILL OPEN ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 01, 2017.
For all information about the move visit www.viha.ca/NIHMoveCV
Starting October 1st, Emergency and Obstetric patients can begin accessing the new “http://www.viha.ca/locations/north_island_hospital_comox_valley.htm”:“http://www.viha.ca/locations/north_island_hospital_comox_valley.htm through the Emergency Department starting at 5:30 a.m.
- Until then, for Emergency Assistance please call 9-1-1 or go to St Josephs general_hospital Emergency department, located in Comox at 2137 Comox Avenue.
- The North Island Hospital Emergency Department entrance is off of Lerwick Road near the NIC Access Road. (see map)
- Access the main entrance of the new hospital via the new Waters Place intersection on Lerwick Road. (see map)
- On Sunday, October 1st , we ask that, if possible, people wait until after 1 p.m. to visit patients in the new hospital. This will help us ensure a smooth and organized transfer of patients to the new facility.
- While acute care services are moving to the new hospital, residential care in The Views and outpatient Lab Services will continue to be provided at St. Joseph’s General Hospital.