Latest News Releases, Notifications of upcoming Events and recent Notices of project progress and opportunities for the John Hart Generating Station Replacement project.
For a complete listing of these notices and notifications select the appropriate menu item on the left. For details of any listed News Release, Event or Notice click on the item’s header.
You can also access these items from within the specific project menu tree where only the items pertaining to the selected project will be displayed.
- JHGS Construction Update 64
- JHGS Construction Report #64 released
- JHGS Construction Update 63
- September 2018 Construction Update Released
- JHGS Construction Update 62
- August 2018 Construction update released.
- JHGS Construction Update 61
- July 2018 Construction update released.
- JHGS Construction Update 60
- June 2018 Construction update released.
- Road Closure Aug 2nd
- As a follow up to the previous road closure notice, Brewster Lake Road across John Hart dam will be closed August 2, from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
- No items available.
- JHGS - Temp Closure
- Temporary closure for new trail as hydro construction begins
- JHGS - River Flow Update
- The weather conditions have not changed over the past month and therefore the low water inflow conditions continue for the Campbell River system. From October 7 to date, the water inflows into the upstream reservoirs are now the second lowest in 50 years of record.
- Reduced River Flow
- As a result of the ongoing dry fall season BC Hydro reduced the discharge from the John Hart generating station from about 82 cubic metres per second (m3/s) to about 67 m3/s.
- JHGS Business Open House
- Local businesses will have the opportunity to meet representatives from short-listed bidders for the John Hart project.
- High Water Alert
- BC Hydro will be conducting river flow tests on June 21st and 23rd, 2011.